Sunday, June 26, 2011

Root Beer Float Cake

I didn't make up this recipe, but it is very, very, VERY yummy!  It comes from my 9X13 The Pan that Can cookbook!
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 Package 2-layer-size caramel or yellow cake mix (I never make layers with it, and I've always used yellow cake mix)
Root Beer (It doesn't matter what kind, I prefer Mug Root Beer, very sweet, and very yummy)
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Finely shredded Lemon Peel
1 Recipe Root Beer Icing (I will provide the recipe for that as well)


Root Beer Icing:
In a medium bowl beat 1/3 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth.  Gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar, beating well.  Slowly beat in 3 tablespoons root beer and one teaspoon vanilla.  Gradually beat in two cups additional powdered sugar.  If necessary, beat in a little more root beer or powdered sugar to make icing of spreading consistency.

Here are the steps:
Great a 9X13 inch baking pan or baking dish; set aside.  Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.  If using a baking pan or 325 if using a baking dish.  Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except substitute root beer for the liquid called for and add the vanilla and lemon peel.  Spread batter evenly in prepared pan or dish.  Bake according to package directions.
While baking, make the Foot Beer Icing, and once cake has cooled spread on icing, and enjoy!

I recommend drinking milk with this cake :D

Enjoy and let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment